Colleges and Universities are spread out all over India. Every student or aspirant who wants to continue his or her further education from the top colleges of universities in India is keen to know the college’s ranking. Human Resources Department has acquired the National International Ranking Framework (NIRF) to rank the best colleges and educational institutions in India.
NIRF works on the different parameters for ranking the colleges and universities or institutes in India. Further, these ranks are not announced by the NIRF but it is announced by the HRD of India. In simple words, NIRF works for HRD and further Minister of HRD announced the best colleges ranked by the INRF.
Let us have a look at the top 10 best colleges and universities in India.
- Miranda House, New Delhi: It is ranked no 1 best college in India by NIRF ranking. It offers a varied field of education such as Art, Humanities and social science, Commerce, Computer Applications& IT, Education and Science and many more. You can check the university websites, the University of Delhi bulletin of information for the Admission process. It follows the Centralized Online Admission Policy of Delhi University.
- Loyola College, Chennai: Loyola College secure 2nd position in the top 10 colleges of India. Anyone can select a stream offered by the college. The College serves in Animation and Design, Art, Humanities, and Social Science, Commerce, Computer Applications and IT, Management & Business Administration, Media, Mass Communication, and Journalism. Loyola College offers an easy-to-understand Admission process. Aspirants students can register themselves through the online application portal by the website. Loyola College is a private institute situated in Chennai. So you can take direct admission to this college.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi: Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) is the most known college in Delhi. And it ranked at no 3rd by the NIRF ranking organization. SRCC is famous for its specialty in Commerce and Economics. It offers graduate and postgraduate programs for students. Not even this, SRCC is considered Asia’s no 1 college for the Commerce stream.
- Bishop Herber College, Tiruchi: Bishop Herber College placed on the 4th rank college in India. It is situated in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. It offered varied streams like Commerce, Management Studies, English, Economics, Actuarial Science, Computer Application, Nutrition & Dietetics, Visual Communication, and the list can go long. The college has its history itself of its establishment. College offers UG, PG, and M.Phil.AndPh.D. programs under self-financed and under aided schemes.
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, New Delhi: College having at 5th position in the college category issued by NIRF organization. It also follows the Centralized Online Admission Policy of Delhi University. It offers a variety of streams and streams of education like Engineering & Architecture, Commerce, Science, Computer Application and IT and Art, Humanities and Social Science
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata: St. Xavier’s College is 6th on this list. It is a Catholic, Private, and Autonomous education college for further higher studies situated in Kolkata. It is established in 1860 by the Society of Jesus Jesuits and named after St. Francis Xavier. It offers a long list of courses such as commerce, Education, Computer Application & IT, Media, Mass Communication, and Journalism and Science.
- Lady Shri Ram College of Women, New Delhi: Lady Shri Ram College of Women (LSR) is a premier college for higher education, hence it ranks not only in Delhi but also in India. It secured a rank at no 7th given by the NIRF ranking institution. This college recommends the finest college for social science, Humanities, and Commerce. Meanwhile, it also offers a B.Sc. program in Statistics. It also follows the Centralized Admission Policy of Delhi University.
- Dayal Singh College, New Delhi: Dayal Singh College secures its position at no 8th by the NIRF ranking system. It is a co-education college established in 1959. College offers UG and PG courses in Science, Humanities, and Commerce. The college has its own history.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi: Informally known as DDUC secured a position at 9th in the college category by the NIRF ranking. This college is established to dedicate Deen Dayal Upadhyaya who was a thinker, social worker, and philosopher. This college also offers UG and PG courses for aspirants students. A student can select any stream offered by the college in Art, Humanities and Social Science, Commerce, Computer Application and IT, Engineering and Architecture and science and some few courses are more.
- The Women’s Christian College, Chennai: Informally known as WCC ranked at no 10th by the NIRF in the list of top 10 best colleges in India. WCC is an interdenominational women’s college. This college is affiliated with the University of Madras. This college also offers similar courses as other colleges and universities. Art, sciences, commerce, Computer Applications and IT, Mass Media, Management and Business Administrations, and more are the courses offered by WCC College.
The NIRF framework uses different parameters to rank a college and university. The institution has been ranked in 11 different categories. It uses several parameters for ranking purposes like overall performance, resources, research, infrastructure, academic performance, college and university placement, and a few more criteria to rank. This is the authentic institution to rank top colleges and universities in India.
Hope this helps you out to get the best college and university to take admission.