Medical colleges remind the doctor that means MBBS, however, in medical it is an undergraduate program. Students need to be required 5 plus years to complete this degree. Admission in the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses are on the basis of national and state-level exams conducted by the respective authorities. NTA (The National Eligibility Agency) is the organization that conducted the NEET entrance exam for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. India is growing in its medical services.
Every aspirant wants to join the top college in the country. That’s why students look for the ranking of the top colleges in a state or a country. And this rank is set up by some of the parameters by the ranking given company. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) releases the top medical colleges’ list in India rank-wise.
There are five parameters on which top ranks are given to the colleges and universities by the organization NIRF. Students can check colleges and universities according to the ranking given by the NIRF.
List of the Top 10 Medical Colleges and Universities in India as Per NIRF.
1. All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi: It is a public hospital and medical research university situated in New Delhi, India. This is operated autonomously under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate program courses to the aspirant students and accepts the merit list of NEET UG scores. This institute provides facilities for teaching, research, and patient –care. AIIMS is ranked at no 1 place by the NIRF. It was ranked 1 in South Asia in 2020 as well. Besides NIRF, it had been positioned at no 1 in 2020 by Outlook India and in 2019 by The Week. Even the institute get the highest score 92.07 and placed in the 1st position.
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh: PGIMER this is the known name of this college. PGIMER secured 2nd position among the list of top 10 best medical colleges in India. The institution works as educational medical research, and training facility for its existing students include all types of major specialties, super specialties, and subspecialties. PGIMER also accepts the NEET exam score to get admission for the undergraduate and postgraduate program courses. This institution was declared as an Institute of National Importance by the act of Parliament.
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore: The CMC secured 3rd position in the list of top ten medical colleges in India. The institution is famous for much first time happened achievements here. The college offers 3 major streams in different courses like Medicine and Allied Science 2. Pharmacy and 3 Sciences. To take admission in the Christian Medical College a student needs to be required to take the NEET exam followed by an interview of the college.
4. National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore: The institute got 4th position in the NIRF ranking list. It is popularly known as NIMHANS. It is assumed an apex Centre for mental health and neuroscience education in the country. The institute has Medicine and Allied Sciences and Sciences streams in different courses.
5. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow: This institute is named after Sanjay Gandhi. It is secured no 5th best medical college in India. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is under the State Legislature Act. Collegeoffers2 major streams which further offered different courses. Medical and Allied Sciences offers 28 courses and Management and Business Administration offers 1 course under the college guidance.
6. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore: This University placed on 6th rank among the top 10 best medical colleges in India. Amrita University is a NAAC accredited A grade, Multi-campus, Multi-disciplinary, and research institute situated in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The institute offers many streams along with different courses.
7. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi: This is one of the oldest universities of India. The university is ranked at no 7th among the top 10 medical universities in India. This is formally known as the central Hindu college. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate and doctoral education programs. It offers 84 courses in Medicine and Allied Sciences and 56 courses in Sciences and many more streams and courses.
8. Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry: This College is secured 7th position in the list of NIRF ranking. It is also known as JIPMER. JIPMER offers an undergraduate and postgraduate program to the aspirants students. Along with the postgraduate program, the institute provides doctoral courses in varied departments.
9. King George’s Medical University, Lucknow: This College is ranked at 9th position in India. The college gives the courses: undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs. There are 28 PG courses and 13 doctoral courses at King George’s Medical University. Diploma and PG courses are also available on the college campus.
10. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal: this is placed at 10th position by the NIRF ranking among the top 10 medical colleges in India. It offers an Undergraduate course program for aspirant students. Admission is based on the NEET UG conducted by the NTA. And for the few courses, Manipal Entrance Test is conducted by the college as well. Might you get benefit from this information? A list can be going on regarding the best medical college or top medical college in India.
I think this data would be sufficient to get an idea about which college you can approach for UG, PG, and Doctoral courses.